This summer, seek out the best beaches on the Mediterranean. The Best Western Plus Hôtel Masséna Nice has picked the best spots to lay down your towel and soak up the Côte d’Azur sun: Nice, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Cap d’Ail, Villefranche-sur-Mer etc. On the agenda for your stay: dolce vita and chill-out!
Just minutes from the Promenade des Anglais and beaches, the Best Western Plus Hôtel Masséna Nice is the perfect place for a seaside break in the sun. Your 4* hotel has 100 comfortable and fully-equipped rooms and suites. Whether you're staying with friends, family or alone, we have the right room type for you.
Nice's beaches are an easy walk or tram ride from the Best Western Plus Hôtel Masséna Nice.
Nice's beaches are within easy reach of your 4* hotel
- La Réserve: Unwind in one of the coves at La Réserve just past Le Plongeoir restaurant. Lay your towel on the rocks and dive into the Mediterranean's turquoise water.
Plage La Réserve Nice - Credit Summer Hotels
- Bains Militaires: This little pebble beach is sheltered from the wind between the port and Cap de Nice. You can gaze at the famous Plongeoir de Nice from the comfort of your beach towel. If you're into French cinema then you'll recognise this beach from Brice de Nice.
- Promenade des Anglais: 3.8km of pebble beaches line the Promenade des Anglais. Would you prefer a private or public beach? You're spoilt for choice with twenty-odd beaches. There are water sports centres, beach volleyball in summer and public showers too. Swim with peace of mind with lifeguards in several locations in high season.
Beach of the Promenade des Anglais - Credit Summer Hotels
As a guest at the Best Western Plus Hôtel Masséna Nice, you get discounted rates at the hotel's private partner beach including a deckchair, mat, parasols, cabins and shower access. Please visit the hotel reception for information or to book.
Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat beaches, Côte d’Azur gems
Hit the Coastal Path from Cap de Nice and walk to the Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat peninsula to uncover its heavenly beaches.
- La Paloma: La Paloma beach is a natural treasure nestled deep in a green haven. The beach overlooks the cliffs of Beaulieu-sur-Mer and Eze. The celebrity haunt popular with the likes of Tom Cruise, Matisse and Elton John is split between a public and private beach with mats to hire and restaurants.
- La Passable: This beach on the edge of Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat is sheltered by the wind and waves making it the perfect spot for a family afternoon with little ones. Swim, paddleboard or kayak to explore the coast from the beach or walk on the footpath along the peninsula.
Plage de la Passable - Credit the_tropical_travellers
- Les Fossettes: This is the quietest and most unspoilt beach on the peninsula which you can reach from the Saint-Hospice tip. Snorkelling fans love it so join them to gaze at its deep-sea treasures.
Explore the best beaches on the Côte d’Azur
Use your stay in Nice to visit the nearby towns, villages and their fabulous beaches.
- Les Marinières in Villefranche-sur-Mer: An easy train ride from Nice train station, the main beach in Villefranche-sur-Mer has incredible views of the entire harbour and the colourful houses in this little village. Fall in love with this slice of paradise.
Villefranche-sur-Mer beach - Credit ben.lamotte
- La Mala in Cap d’Ail: Nestled between Eze and Monaco, La Mala beach is famous for being the most beautiful on the Côte d’Azur. Hugged by cliffs, it's split into 2 private and 2 public beaches, one sand and one pebble. Just to warn you, it's pretty hard to reach and gets very busy in summer.
- Le Buse in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin: This beach is one of the quietest in high season. Relax away from the hustle and bustle of the city and soak up the beach's peace and quiet. Gaze at Belle Epoque villas, reminiscent of the Best Western Plus Hôtel Masséna Nice, surrounding Le Buse beach.
Feel free to visit reception at the Best Western Plus Hôtel Masséna to help you choose the right beach for you during your break in Nice.